COVID 19 – May Update
Dolphin have been closely monitoring and following the Government guidelines for operating under the current circumstances with the COVID 19 crisis.
Up until the announcement on 10th May 2020 no onsite work had been carried out, but support has been maintained for customers via our remote helpdesk, telephone, and email. This has ensured that both our business clients and our home users were able to keep working and accessing the internet where and when required, but there are certain tasks that have had to be postponed as they can only be carried out onsite.
Dolphin are now beginning to come back out in person to support you all where online support is not practical. We are taking all the precautions outlined by Government policy and are wearing the relevant protective gear to protect both our engineers and those we are supporting onsite. For a more comprehensive explanation of the procedures that we will be following, please see the bullet points listed below:
- No work will be carried out by a Dolphin technician onsite who has Coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- All current Public Health England guidelines, including maintaining a two-metre distance from any household occupants, will be followed to ensure everyone’s safety.
- No work will be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless it is possible to carry out the work without coming into contact with the isolating individual.
- All customers will receive a phone call prior to the appointment to ask if all members of the household are well, ensure none are self-isolating and there are no shielded people there.
- Upon arrival and when meeting our customer, we will respect the two-metre gap from them from the first knock on their door, and expect our customers to respect this as well. If at all possible, we request that we are permitted to carry out the work in the room on our own, and to maximise ventilation by opening any windows/doors.
- We require you to respect that we have contact with only one member of the household/business throughout the entire visit.
- For every onsite visit, our engineer will use hand sanitiser and will wear latex gloves and a face mask. All protective equipment will be safely disposed of by the engineer after each visit.
- Wherever possible, we will wipe down any equipment we have touched with suitable wipes.
- All correspondence will be sent electronically.
Should you require clarification on any of the above, have any IT support issues or concerns, or indeed any other technological issues you feel we may be able to assist you with then please do pick up the phone during normal office hours and call 01273 248871 or email us at any time, email@example.com