There are certain tell-tale sings that your devices have been hacked. By no means a comprehensive list, the video below gives you an idea of signs to be aware of. And the faster you realise that you’ve been hacked, the quicker you can fix it.
If you are experiencing any of these, we suggest you shut down your device and get in touch with your trusted IT support business as soon as you possibly can.
- Your smartphone battery drains much faster than normal or you start burning through data.
- Your contacts and friends get social media invitations or messages from you that you didn’t send.
- Your online password doesn’t work anymore.
- You get a message that your files have suddenly been encrypted.
- You get barraged with fake warnings and other browser pop-ups.
- Your device gets sluggish or glitchy.
- You get a message telling you that you have been hacked.
- X-rated pop-ups start showing up while browsing
Everyone is a target for cyber criminals – you, your friends and family, your colleagues, your business. The sooner you react to something that is not quite right on your computer, laptop or other smart device, the less damage will be done.