Much as the majority of us would like our computer to just do as it should, there are some things that we can do to help this be the case.
We’ve complied a list of 10 tips of home computer users – with a bonus tip thrown in for free.
10 Computing Tips for Home Users
- Security – Install a reliable antivirus software: Ensure that you have installed a reputable antivirus software and keep it updated regularly to protect your computer from viruses and malware.
- Backup – Regularly backup your files: Backup your important files, documents, and pictures to avoid losing them in case of a hard drive failure or other issues.
- “à la mode” – Keep your computer software up to date: Always update your operating system, antivirus software, and other essential applications with the latest security patches and bug fixes.
- Lockdown – Create strong passwords: Use unique and strong passwords for all of your online accounts and avoid using personal information like your birth date, name, or phone number.
- Sanitise – Clean your computer regularly: Keep your computer dust-free by cleaning the keyboard, monitor, and other peripherals regularly to maintain optimal performance and hygiene.
- Wary – Be cautious while downloading or installing software: Only download software or applications from reputable sources and be wary of pop-ups or suspicious links and emails.
- Mistrust – Protect your personal information: Be careful while sharing personal information online and avoid sharing sensitive data like your credit card number, birth date, or address.
- Tidy – Organise your files and folders: Keep your files and folders organised to make it easy to locate files when you need them.
- Delete – Uninstall unnecessary software: Remove any software that you no longer use to free up space on your computer.
- Act of God – Use a surge protector: Use a surge protector to protect your computer from power surges or lightning strikes that could damage your computer.
And for your extra tip…..
- Bonus – Keep the name and number of your local, friendly IT company to hand should things not go as planned…..